Memorial Day marks the official beginning of Summer for most people! Trips to the lake. Trips to the beach. Outdoor Grilling & BBQ’ing!
While we should always remember to take time to remember and honor the true reason for the Holiday…the vital service and sacrifice of our Military (past & present)…take the opportunity to try something a little different with your FOOD!
One of my favorite hobbies is coming up with new and different ways to grill, smoke, or cook food! Recently, I decided to to spice up an old favorite of mine, the Cheeseburger!
So try this easy way to SPICE up your BBQ this weeked!
Jack’s Bacon & BBQ Cheesburger
What You Need?
- Hamburger Patties
- Cheese (american, cheddar, swiss, etc – you decide)
- Hamburger Buns (I prefer the Kaiser Buns)
- BBQ Sauce (I use my homemade, ketchup based, sauce)
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Pepper (preferably pepercorn)
- Galic Powder
- What ever other condiments you like on a regular burger
- Once you have your patties made, lay them out on a baking pan. Sprinkle the patties with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let the patties sit a few minutes the pour a little worcesterhire and soy sauce on them (just enough to wet the meat down a little. Allow the meat to sit for about 5 minutes (this is a good time to get your grill hot).
- Once the grill is pre-heated to about 500 Degrees – throw the burgers on and let them sear for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once you have seared the burgers, bring the temp down to 400 Degrees and let you meat cook as usual
- While the meat is marinating, pull out your bacon and cook (i like to bake my bacon in the oven (425 degrees for approx 12 minutes)
- Depending on how done (or not done) you like your burgers, about 5 minutes before you are planning to remove your burgers, take your BBQ of choice and pour the sauce on the burgers.
- Once the sauce has been on the burgers for approx 3 minutes, go ahead and put your cheese on the burgers for the final 2-3 minutes.
- Now that the burgers have been removed from the grill and you are ready to serve…top the burgers with the bacon (I like to use 3-4 slices per burger).
- Add whatever other condiments you like, then put a little extra BBQ on…
This is my NEW favorite way to enjoy a burger!