Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Return To: Cyber Insurance – The Ultimate Guide
It seems you can’t go a week anymore without hearing about a massive new data breach. Hacking, ransomware, phishing… cyberattacks are on the rise and they’re here to stay. Here’s a look at some cybersecurity stats.
- Almost half (43%) of all cyber attacks hit small businesses.
- 38% of organizations feel they’re equipped to deal with a major cyberattack.
- Roughly one billion accounts were breached in 2016.
- The top targets for hackers are government organizations and retail.
- 75% of the healthcare industry has been hit with malware.
- On average, it takes companies 170 days to detect the presence of a hacker or malicious code.
- By 2020, the average cost of a data breach is expected to be over $150 million, with an annual cost of $6 trillion the following year.
- Since the beginning of last year, there have been 4,000 ransomware attacks every day.
- Over half of the organizations that were hit with cyberattacks in 2016 didn’t plan to make any changes to their cybersecurity procedures.
- As of last year, there were over 200,000 cybersecurity jobs that were unfilled. If you want a job that will be around for a while, that’s the way to go.