How To Choose The Best Home Insurance Agency
Nestled between Cape Fear River and beautiful beaches, Wilmington, North Carolina residents have many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from.
Whether buying a condo in bustling downtown Wilmington, a family home in Bayshore, or a vacation home at Wrightsville Beach, it’s essential to protect your investment with quality home insurance.
From hurricanes to home invasions, ALLCHOICE specializes in helping people just like you guard against the uncertainties life can throw at you.
Finding the right home insurance agency doesn’t have to be difficult when you have someone on your side that understands the local risks of Wilmington, NC.
Consider the following before selecting a home insurance policy:
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
- How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Wilmington, North Carolina?
- Do I Need Homeowners Insurance in North Carolina?
As a local Wilmington, NC home insurance agency, ALLCHOICE can answer these questions and more. Contact us or receive a free quote today.
What Does Wilmington NC Home Insurance Cover?
Standard home insurance policies provide coverage for the following:
- Property damage to your home
- Property damage to your things
- Personal liability associated with your home and property
Property damage covers the house structure itself and the personal property within the premises.
Personal liability protects you if someone is injured on your premises, such as a laborer or visitor.
Just a short drive from Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington residents should make sure they are covered for tropical storms and hurricanes.
Unfortunately, the Wilmington burglary rate is higher than the national average. The most common home insurance claims in Wilmington, NC are for:
- Hurricanes and Severe Weather
- Water Damage
- Fire and Lightning
- Burglary and Property Damage
- Non-Theft Property Damage
- Personal Liability
- Dog Bites
A home insurance agency will address your particular needs to determine how much coverage you need for your home.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost In Wilmington, NC?
Due to high property values and the increased risk of natural disasters, the cost of Wilmington homeowners insurance is much higher than the national average.
The real threat of hurricanes and tropical storms must be factored into the policy.
- National yearly premium for homeowners insurance: $1,173
- Wilmington average yearly premium for homeowners insurance: $1,909
Though Wilmington, NC insurance premiums are more expensive than most places, the cost still doesn’t compare to what you would be facing without home insurance.
After all, what’s a couple of thousand dollars compared to the hundreds of thousands of dollars your home is worth?
Remember, the $1,909 premium is only an average. Your actual premium will depend on the following:
- Details about your home (i.e., size, market value)
- Your home’s security systems and storm protections
- Your neighborhood crime rate and common weather hazards
- Your credit score and claims history
- The amount of your desired deductible
- Primary residence vs. second or vacation home
Do I Need Homeowners Insurance In Wilmington NC?
Whether you own a small condo on Market Street or a huge beach house in Masonboro, you should have homeowners insurance.
Your home is likely your family’s biggest asset and should be protected as such.
It is imperative to find the right Wilmington home insurance coverage to protect your biggest investment.
Do I Need Home Insurance If I Rent?
Yes! Renters insurance is a form of home insurance that protects your personal belongings.
Your landlord’s homeowners insurance policy only covers the structure, not your personal belongings within it.
What would happen if you lost all of your possessions in a fire? You’d be out of luck if you didn’t have renter’s insurance.
High Risks For Your Home In Wilmington, North Carolina
The port city of Wilmington is a beautiful and wonderful place to live. But, the burglary rate in Wilmington, NC is nearly 3x the national average.
Hurricanes, tropical storms, and floods also pose a higher than normal risk.
Knowing local risks like these is the perfect reason to seek coverage from an independent Wilmington Insurance Agency.
Who better to advise you on what coverage options you need than a local agent?
Get the best coverage at the best rate by contacting the best home insurance agency in Wilmington, NC today. ALLCHOICE is here to make sure you find the right home insurance company for your needs.
Driving Directions To ALLCHOICE Insurance from Bayshore
- Head southwest on Bayshore Dr to US-17
- Turn left onto US-17/ US-17 BUS S / Market St
- Turn left onto Military Cutoff Rd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto US-74 E/ US-76 E / Eastwood Rd
- Arrive at 2018 Eastwood Rd Wilmington, NC 28403